Marketing Statistics That Will Help Your Business
Whether you are a small sole-proprietorship or the marketing strategist for a larger company, you ought to be familiar with the concept of inbound marketing.
Modern internet marketing strategies are designed to funnel targeted traffic inward by means of quality content along the buyer’s journey, leading them eventually to that purchase singularity – the final “subscribe” or “confirm payment” click.
If your goal is to drive traffic inward through your site toward that purchase singularity, then you need to check out the following statistics. The more facts you have, the stronger your marketing strategy will be. Read on to acquire the knowledge to transform leads into conversions.
Do you need help marketing your business online? We are an SEO agency in Philadelphia that works with businesses both large and small. Contact us today for a free site audit.
General Internet Facts in 2020
- The world population as of June 2020 was estimated to be 7,716,223,209. 58.8% of the world’s population or 4,536,248,808 people are connected to the internet.
- Internet usage has grown by 1,157% worldwide since the year 2000.
- 61% of the world’s population is expected to be online by 2025.
- Asia has the largest number of internet users by far – 2,300,469,859 users, which makes up 54.2% of Asia’s population.
- North America has the largest proportion of internet users – 89.4% of the population is online.
The Business No-Brainer
It is no surprise to anyone reading this that human lives are increasingly centered around the internet. Having a strong web presence is a must for any business to compete. Knowing this fact and actually implementing successful website strategies are two separate things.
Check out our post on the best website practices to optimize your website for success.
Mobile in 2020
- There are nearly 4 billion (3.937) unique mobile internet users worldwide.
- Mobile internet traffic makes us 51.65% of all internet traffic worldwide.
- Global mobile data traffic is projected to increase annually by 46% to 77.49 exabytes/month by the year 2022.
- 5.13 billion people have mobile phones. 2.71 billion of these mobile phones are smartphones or 35.13% of the world population. This up from 106.7 million in 2012.
- By 2025, it is estimated that 72.6% of internet users will browse the internet exclusively on their smartphones.
- 90% of a user’s time on their smartphone is spent in apps. Calling, web-browsing, and phone maintenance account for the other 10%.
- Mobile in-app purchases accounted for $101 billion in sales in 2018 alone. 40% of this was from China.
- Mobile apps account for 67% of all social media use. 46% of users reported that they preferred to use social media on their smartphones.
- E-commerce is increasingly mobile – in 2019, 67.2% of all e-commerce transactions were done through mobile. By 2021, 72.9% of all e-commerce transactions in the U.S. will be done through mobile.
- Mobile shoppers are likely to spend twice as much as non-digital shoppers.
The Business Take-Away
Your business needs a mobile-friendly site, or, better yet, an app. The majority of all internet browsing and shopping takes place on mobile phones. In a consumer poll, 67% of consumers reported that a mobile-friendly site or app would make them more likely to buy a product or service.
According to an e-commerce study (cited source above), on average, a person who downloads your business’s app is worth about $20.63 in sales revenue every three months. Now multiply this by the number of total app downloads. Then account for each download’s recurring 3-month revenue.
That’s a lot of sales revenue.
Website, Domain and Hosting Stats in 2020
- The majority of internet traffic comes from bots – 51.8%! Only 48.2% are from genuine human web surfers.
- 90,000 websites are hacked every day, however, this is a small percentage of all existing websites – 1.94 billion active websites.
- The most hacked CMS is WordPress (83%) because it is the most commonly used.
- The number of domains grows steadily by 3.5% a year. Since the 3rd quarter of 2018, there were a total of 342 million domain names registered and just shy of half of them were registered by GoDaddy.com
Video Streaming in 2020
- By 2025, video streaming will make up 82% of all internet traffic. In 2017, video streaming made up about 70% of all internet traffic.
- By 2020, there will be over 3.1 billion internet-accessible smart-TVs
Source: The Number of Internet Users by 2020
- There is an increasing demand for video content. 54% of consumers surveyed reported that they wanted to see more content from brands and businesses they follow and support.
- Video marketers receive 66% more viable leads. 93% of businesses that use video marketing report that their video outreach has secured them more conversions.
The Business Take-Away
Your business will see more leads and conversions if you engage in a well-thought-out video marketing strategy.
Preparing For 5G
- 5G will by upwards of 100 times faster than 4G
- By 2024, 25% of all mobile data will be supported on 5G. There will be a projected 1.5 billion 5G subscriptions in 2024.
The Business Take-Away
According to smallbiztrends.com, 70% of consumers reported that a slowly loading page negatively affected a consumer’s decision to purchase. There is a general rule that a page should not take more than 3-5 seconds to load. To ensure that your lead turns into a conversion, your site must load within this time-frame.
Optimize Your Business’s Internet Marketing Strategy
Use the 25 statistics provided in this post to help inform your business’s internet marketing strategy. Knowing the field is the first step toward mastering the game.
Check out our post on how to develop your small business’s marketing budget. With a strong marketing budget plan, you can set your business up for profits and growth.